Cancer and Hair Loss
Losing hair from cancer can affect people in different ways. Some treatments can cause only partial hair loss or thinning of the hair, whilst others cause complete hair loss, including eyebrows and eyelashes. The team at Simone Thomas hair loss clinic in Bournemouth and Wokingham are experienced in cancer hair loss and can discuss your hair loss cancer treatment options with you.
Book your appointment today by calling 01202 760003 (Bournemouth) or 01189 760003 (Wokingham).
Visit us before the cancer hair loss begins
If you would like to wear a wig during treatment, visit Simone Thomas to discuss your hair loss cancer treatment options. Our consultants can match your hair colour, cut and style. If you’re considering a cold cap, read our cold cap blog or find further information on cancer hair loss.
Help with hair loss cancer treatment costs
You can get free synthetic wigs on the NHS if:
· you’re under 16 – 19 and in full-time education
· you’re a hospital inpatient
· you’re a war pensioner and the wig is for your accepted disablement and you have a valid war pension exemption certificate
You’re entitled to help if you have:
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
· A valid HC2 certificate or are named on or entitled to an NHS tax credit exemption certificate
Simone Thomas has many different types of wigs and hairpieces that you can come and try out in total privacy. Book a cancer hair loss consultation with one of our hair loss specialists for help and advice in choosing the right wig for you. Please note, cancer patients receive free consultations (hospital paperwork must be provided).