Check out our top tips for getting rid of tired, frizzy hair:
1. Start with a pre holiday trim; you don’t need to take inches off, just the ends. This will make a big difference to the condition of your hair by the end of the summer.
2. Invest in a good quality moisturising shampoo and conditioner, we love and recommend Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair for very dry and damaged hair.
3. Try not to use heat on your hair on a daily basis. When you do use styling tools, make sure you always use heat protection spray. We love The Goldwell KMS Freeshape Hot Flex Spray, a thermal heat protection, which will gently condition the hair whilst it protects. It is light-weight so won’t weigh down finer hair types and it also contains a sparkle complex making the hair shine – a great multi-tasker.
4. You don’t always need to colour your hair every six to eight weeks – ask your stylist for a toner in between colour treatments instead. A toner is a more gentle way of making your colour last longer, adding shine and gloss back into your hair. We love using Goldwell Colorance on our clients to bring their colour back to life.
5. Too much exposure to sunlight can be damaging, so don’t forget to protect your hair and scalp. Severe burns to the scalp can create hair loss, which is something we see in the hair loss clinic. KMS do a fantastic sun range (FreeShape) that protects both hair and scalp. When walking around in a hot climate, wear a sun hat for added protection.
6. Eat your way to happy hair and take advantage of fresh holiday fish and fruits to provide your body with omegas 3 and 6 and vitamins A, B, C and E, essential for healthy locks. Try salmon, oysters, guava and pineapple. If you do choose to have pre-holiday extensions, avoid glued versions as the removal process requires chemicals which cause further damage to sun scorched hair. For fine hair needing a bit of oomph try Transformation Connection System extensions which are much kinder to your hair. If someone has extremely fine hair and extensions are not the answer, then a volumiser system can be used. A volumiser is a solution for men and women who do not want to wear a wig and want the comfort of their own hair. It is used to add volume and length to thinning hair and looks completely natural. This system is available to be beaded onto the hair to allow you to swim or a version that is more temporary and can be clipped on and taken off daily.