Here at Simone Thomas hair loss clinic and hairdressers in Bournemouth, we see hundreds of men, women and children every year experiencing hair loss. Today my hair loss blog is about Nioxin. The reality is that we have already lost a large percentage of our hair before we start to notice that we have a hair loss problem, which is the result of a variety of conditions. Alopecia, telogen effluvium, male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, chemotherapy hair loss and radiotherapy from hair loss are all conditions that I have treated, resulting in a wealth of experience in hair loss treatments and solutions. Nioxin is a hair care range that uses advanced technologies designed specifically for those with thinning hair to create thicker and fuller looking hair.
The signs of a person in need of Nioxin include suffering from an unhealthy scalp environment or finding fewer or finer hair strands. We use the Nioscope in the clinic to see the scalp at its good, bad and dare I say ugly!
The top six reasons why people might experience hair loss include:
- Genetics: Do you have any family members with thinning hair on either side of your family?
- Stress: Is your lifestyle at home or work stressful?
- Diet: Are you on a low calorie diet? Do you get all of the necessary daily nutrients to support hair and scalp health?
- Health: Have you recently experienced life-changing events such as pregnancy, childbirth or menopause? Do you have a thyroid condition?
- Medication: Certain medications can contribute to excessive hair growth or hair loss and changes in texture.
- Environmental: Sunlight, climate and pollution can take a toll on the hair and scalp. Exposure to chlorinated water, minerals and metals can also affect the hair.
It is essential to spot the early warning signs of thinning hair so that the causes of hair loss can be identified, and a hair loss treatment provided. Early warning signs of hair loss conditions are:
- Areas of the hair loss: Have you noticed that your ponytail is getting smaller or your parting is getting wider? Is the hair becoming sparse in your temple area or breaking off? Is the hair in your crown area becoming visibly thinner?
- Scalp conditions: Have you noticed your scalp feeling tight, dry or itchy? Do you feel your hair or scalp is too oily by the end of the day?
- Excessive hair breakage: Do you find excessive hair in the shower drain, hairbrush or on the bathroom floor? Have you noticed your hair breaking more often? Chemicals and heat styling can drain the moisture from the hair internally and services such as braiding and extensions can stress the hair due to tightness or weight. Thermal protection and hydrating products can help seal in the moisture and protect your hair from styling.
- Excessive daily hair loss: The average daily hair loss is 100 hair strands, so losing more than this may be a cause for concern.
If our hair loss specialists at Simone Thomas identify you are suffering from hair loss or hair thinning, we will recommend in-salon therapy, consisting of the Dermabrasion and Nioxin 3 part system. There are 6 customised systems and we have a system for all that consist of a cleanser (shampoo), scalp revitaliser (conditioner) and a scalp treatment.
Normal to thin looking hair treatment:
Fine natural hair – System 1
Fine chemically treated hair – System 3
Medium to coarse natural hair or chemically treated – System 5
Noticeably thinning hair treatment:
Fine natural hair – System 2
Fine chemically treated – System 4
Medium to coarse natural hair or chemically treated – System 6
If you are experiencing hair loss, please book a hair loss consultation with us at Simone Thomas hair loss clinic and hairdressers in Bournemouth, call us on 01202 760003. We offer many non surgical hair loss treatments for your hair thinning needs including clip in hair extensions and volumizers, custom designed hair pieces, real hair wigs, toupees and synthetic wigs.