Advice On Scalp Care From Simone Thomas Hair Salon and Trichology Clinic in Bournemouth
At The Simone Thomas hair loss clinic in Bournemouth we take scalp care seriously. If you are suffering from cancer hair loss and are wearing a wig, head scarf or you are beautifully bare it is important to maintain good scalp care.
The benefits of looking after your scalp
The benefits of good scalp care are not only a nice feeling scalp which looks good and healthy but also the fact that you are promoting a healthy environment to encourage new hair growth. Regular cleansing and treating of your scalp will help to encourage new hair growth. These tips are aimed at anyone suffering from cancer hair loss except for those receiving radiology to the scalp.
We all deal with our emotions differently and one very important factor to remember is that hair loss is never about vanity – hair loss is about your sanity and self-esteem. It is entirely natural to have strong emotions and feelings about your cancer hair loss. Most cancer specialists agree that a positive outlook and the ability to cope with the roller coaster of emotions that you will go through can help to support your immune system.
- Wash your scalp regularly – using natural or organic products
- Massage your scalp regularly
- Keep fresh wipes in your bag to freshen up throughout the day
- Use a light or organic oil – such as almond oil
- Wash your wigs and head coverings regularly
- When at all possible go bare
- Keep out of the direct sunlight as your scalp may be incredibly sensitive
- Wear a high SPF of at least 30 if out in the sunlight – wear one designed for the face
To book your free cancer wig consultation please call The Simone Thomas hair loss clinic in Bournemouth on 01202 760003.