Hair Loss Treatment for Women

It has long been known that a woman’s hair is a big part of her self image. It is a big expression of your style and personality. That is why the hair and beauty industry is worth millions in this country, billions worldwide! Research also suggests that your hair and self image are closely intertwined. We have all had a bad hair day and our mood can be affected by this, so to suffer hair loss can be an incredibly distressing event in a woman’s life. Female pattern hair loss in women has a greater psychological impact than in men. In a Glamour magazine survey, over half of the women stated “if my hair looks good, I look attractive no matter what I’m wearing or how I look otherwise,” and “if my hair isn’t right, nothing else can make me feel that I look good”. A women’s hair is central to her ‘feeling of self’ and in many women, it affects their self-esteem and even their ability to function on a day to day basis.

The idea that thinning hair is a problem for the male population is wrong. Hair loss in women is estimated to affect around 8 million of us in the UK. Whilst some may suffer with hair thinning all over, others are experiencing their centre parting widening over time whilst some are developing baldness at their crown. Women rarely develop a receding hairline at the front like many men.

The average scalp has around 100,000 hairs. Each hair follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of approximately ½ an inch a month. Your hair will grow for a period of between 2 to 6 years before it goes into a resting state and falls out. A new hair replaces the hair that has fallen out and the whole process is repeated. We typically loose between 50 and 100 strands a day. At any given time 90% of your hair is in the growing process and the remaining 10% is in the resting cycle. If you notice that large clumps of hair are falling out when you are washing or styling it or if your hair is gradually thinning over time you may want to seek medical advice.

The Savin Scale is a common measure that is used to help determine the amount of hair loss and ranges from normal hair density to a bald crown – this is VERY rare! It’s helpful to use this scale in documenting female pattern baldness – also referred to as androgenic alopecia. There are many experts who think that your genetics and the aging process play a role in this along with hormonal changes a woman will experience when going through the menopause. You may experience thinning all over with the greatest amount of loss along the centre of the scalp. It may help to visit your local salon and discuss an alternative hair style that will help to reduce the signs of thinning hair. Here at Crowning Glory, formerly known as Hair Loss Bournemouth, we have seen many women across the South, Dorset, Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire, The Home Counties and London who are experiencing thinning hair issues. Please feel free to book a consultation with one of our hair loss team who can discuss the options available to you, from a simple restyle, to a custom made wig, to our revolutionary PerfecTress Volumizer System which is designed to integrate with your own hair adding the volume you have lost. We really do have something for everyone. Call us today 01202 760003

X
Report an issue.

Sometimes website display issues can be fixed with a hard refresh. If this does not resolve the problem, please complete a bug report below.

By submitting this form a screenshot will be taken of this website as YOU currently see it which include sensitive information. You also agree to diagnostic information being taken including but not limited to: Browser type (Chrome/Firefox, IE etc), Operating System and IP Addresss. We may attempt to contact you in order to help resolve the issue you are reporting to us.

Thank you! Our technical team will look at this issue shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact: tec[email protected]

Simone Thomas - Gateway Background

ABOUT SIMONE THOMAS AWARD WINNING L’OREAL SALON & HAIR LOSS CLINIC

Welcome to Simone Thomas, a multi award-winning five star hair salon and hair loss clinic in Bournemouth with an international reputation for creating sensational hair.

Simone and her team are highly regarded within the industry with clients visiting from across the UK, Europe and America. Our services range from creating fabulous hairstyles and colours to diagnosing and treating those who are suffering from hair loss, thinning hair or scalp disorders.

Our Promise

Your appointment is very important to us. In return for your valued custom we promise you the following…

  • A warm welcome and a friendly smile
  • A relaxed and friendly environment
  • A thorough, personalised consultation
  • To only offer products and services that fulfill your needs
  • To always respect your time
  • To respond to any problems within 48 hours