Olaplex: The A-List secret to undamaged hair…
What is Olaplex?
Olaplex is a hair ‘bonding’ product, that helps to maintain and repair hair, which has been damaged from chemical processing. Suitable for coloured, highlighted and permed hair, Olaplex is positioned as an innovation in hair care and can rebuild the strength of the hair from within and is a three-step process that aims to repair and prevent hair damage. It works on a molecular level by restoring the hair’s broken bonds which can result from harsh chemical treatments like bleaching and colouring. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian have spoken about their love of this product for its transformative qualities. Olaplex isn’t just for treating coloured hair it is also used to rebuild the bonds that have been damaged from heat tools such as straighteners and curling tongs that also weaken the hair bonds.
Is Olaplex any good?
Repeated colouring can damage the quality of our hair, making it more prone to dryness, dullness and split ends. And, if when hair is damaged, colour doesn’t last as long, which means even more trips to the salon for top ups. It’s for these reasons that Olaplex has quickly become the hair treatment that our clients can’t live without. The breakthrough technology repairs severely damaged hair that’s coloured regularly (which is welcome news for those of us who bleach or dye our hair often) as well as delivering a glossy, strengthening treatment to all hair types and textures, coloured or not. Olaplex allows you to rebuild the strength, structure and integrity of your hair; a ‘reset’ for your locks, if you will. Olaplex is the hero haircare treatment that A-list stylists always recommend.
What Olaplex products do you use in salon?
The Olaplex in salon professional treatment is a 5-step process with the option of 2 more steps for styling.
1. Olaplex Number 1: Bond Multiplier. This is for professional in-salon use only – and can be put on the hair as a standalone treatment, or if you’re getting your colour done, it can be mixed in with the bleach/colour and put straight onto your hair.
2. Olaplex Number 2: Bond Perfector. This is then put on the hair once the colour/bleach is rinsed out. This is left on for a good 20 minutes to really get the most out of its chemical repairing.
3. Olaplex Number 3: Hair Perfector. This product is where you take things into your own hands. This take-home treatment is recommended for use once a week and is best applied before your shampoo and conditioner. Leave on for 10-30 minutes or do as Kim K does and leave overnight.
4. Olaplex Number 4: Bond Maintenance Shampoo. This will be used in salon to wash off your treatment but can also be bought so you can use at home to keep your hair hydrated and strengthened.
5. Olaplex Number 5: The Bond Maintenance Conditioner. This is the final step in the treatment to hydrate and smooth hair and is recommended to be left on for three minutes before rinsing. This will again be used in the salon treatment but can be purchased to use at home.
6. Olaplex Number 6: This is a leave in conditioner/serum which helps to prevent frizz and flyaways for up to 72 hours. OLAPLEX Number 6 hydrates and protects hair of all hair types, including coloured and chemically treated hair. It strengthens and moisturises hair as well as speeds up blow dry times resulting in hair feeling smooth and silky. Apply a tiny amount of the product into damp or dry hair focusing on putting it on your mid-length to ends. Comb hair and style as you wish! This will be used to style you hair in salon but again can be bought to use at home.
7. Olaplex number 7: OLAPLEX N°.7 Bonding Oil is the first-of-its-kind. Highly concentrated, ultra-lightweight, reparative styling oil dramatically increases shine, adds softness and strength, and enhances all hair types and textures. When used with any thermal styling appliance N°.7 provides heat protection up to 450°F/230°C. This will be used to style you hair in salon but again can be bought to use at home.
As the leading hair loss clinic, we focus on products that will protect and repair you hair and this is our FAVOURITE range of products to repair damage. If you would like to book in for an Olaplex treatment, please email Westbourne@simonethomas.com.
If you would like to purchase any of the at home products please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on social media.